Friday 21 December 2012

Ring Out

Ring Out Solstice Bells, Jethro Tull





Ring Out, Solstice Bells

Now is the solstice of the year, winter is the glad song that you hear. Seven maids move in seven time. Have the lads up ready in a line. Ring out these bells. Ring out, ring solstice bells. Ring solstice bells. Join together beneath the mistletoe. by the holy oak whereon it grows. Seven druids dance in seven time. Sing the song the bells call, loudly chiming. Ring out these bells. Ring out, ring solstice bells. Ring solstice bells. Praise be to the distant sister sun, joyful as the silver planets run. Seven maids move in seven time. Sing the song the bells call, loudly chiming. Ring out those bells. Ring out, ring solstice bells. Ring solstice bells. Ring on, ring out. Ring on, ring out.

4 comments:

  1. Nope. Not now. Not ever. Listening to Jethro Tull sing a 'holiday solstice tune' is like listening to Alvin and the Chipmunks sing .... a Jethro Tull song.

    *Sigh*

    At least I know we are compatible on many other levels. Unless you've only been humoring me ....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually watch videos in blogs unless it's personal or of particular interest to me, so can't comment on Jethro Tull, but I can't see anything in print about bells without thinking of one of my favorite poems (and perhaps the best sound poem of all time), The Bells by Edgar Allan Poe.

    Of course, you don't have to sing that. That's the beauty of the poem, the music is built right into the words.

    Doesn't have anything to do with solstice, though, if I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philistines, one and all.

    As for Poe, well, I'll admit he spun a good line or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So they were the bells I heard!

    ReplyDelete


Spam will be reported and swiftly deleted. I will put a curse upon you if you post spam links.